Albertsons promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store,manufacturer and internet coupon use. The following policy guidelines are current, but Albertsons may change thispolicy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effectat time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is notposted in each store.
Coupons – Definition: Coupons are a form of tender to reduce an order total based on merchandise purchased.Retailers are not required by law to accept manufacturers’ coupon. Coupons can be in print and/or in electronicform, and may be integrated into the register systems where they are deducted automatically when all purchaserequirements are met.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Coupons are accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase.These requirements include, but are not limited to: product type, flavor(s), size(s), quantities andminimum/maximum dollar purchase limits.
- Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Albertsons only accepts original coupons and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons (includingmultiple prints of same series internet coupons).Albertsons does not accept expired coupons. Printed expiration dates are verified in addition to scanning the coupon for validity.
- Coupons stating “on next/future purchase or visit” cannot be used in the transaction in which they are generated. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
- The coupon redemption value on ‘Free’ coupons may not exceed the value of the item.
- Albertsons will accept ONE manufacturer coupon and ONE store coupon on the same qualifying item.
- Albertsons does not accept competitor coupons. (Coupons generated by any competitor with competitorlogo are considered competitor coupons.)All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
- Albertsons reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms ofagreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”. Albertsons adheres toall manufacturer redemption guidelines.
- Albertsons may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemableonly at Albertsons” in which Albertsons is the only retailer that will accept.
- Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will be adjusted to provide the maximum value, not exceeding the price of the item.
Albertsons accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
- Coupons must scan at checkout.
- Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
- Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
Albertsons does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
- FREE product without a required purchase.
- A redemption value that exceeds $5.00.
- The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
- Same serial numbers (internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number ofcoupons that can be printed from same computer).The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
- Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it “whilesupplies last”.
- Coupons issued by Albertsons contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms ofagreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “store coupon”.
- Albertsons offers store coupons in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic,newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites.
- Albertsons may issue “store coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Albertsons” in whichAlbertsons is the only retailer that will accept.
- Store coupons may require that the discount applies only with Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
- Twice the Value store coupons can only be used in combination with a $1.00 or less manufacturer coupon (aprinted face value of $1.01 or greater cannot be combined withTwice the Value store coupons).
- Albertsons DOES allow manufacturer coupons that state they cannot be ‘doubled’ to be used inconjunction with a Twice the Value store coupon.
The Total Shopping Experience
- In an effort to serve our all customers better than our competitors, and provide a timely checkout,Albertsons requests that customers do not exceed three (3) consecutive transactions.
- Additional lanes will be opened to serve all customers in a timely manner if the current business and staffinglevel permits.
We allow 3 transactions in a row**
Customers may use a Catalina from the first order on the 2nd and 3rd orders
We accept all “Do not Double” coupons with TTVs (Twice the Value)
TTVs (Twice The Value) can we take them with another store coupon?
- No – TTVs say “store Coupon” on them and we cannot take them with another store coupon
- Example – 11/14 ad – Tillamook Cheese 3.99 on store coupon, can use a manufacturer coupon with this, but not a TTV coupon
Cash back will not be given for items
Can we take 2 manufacturer coupons on a buy one get one free promotion?
Yes – one manufacturer coupon per item-even if the one coupon says free, or there is a big BOGO promotion